Finding the right website to find a job as a freelance writer can be a challenge. As a freelance you have the option to own projects and clients as per you taste. However, because of its freedom, it is necessary to look for a new job actively, and sometimes it can be daunting, specifically for newbies. The good news is that many online platforms can now easily connect with their clients and acquire writing work. Here the Best Sites to work as a Freelance writer to earn handsome money.
It’s essential to discover a platform that fits your requirements and tastes. However, since many freelance writing sites exist, it may be difficult to determine which one is reputable and gives you the best chance. Here are the top sites to work as a freelance writer and get handsome money on writing each piece article.
Fiverr is a platform that joins freelancers with managers looking for services for various digital projects, including website design, content writing, and voice-over.
This freelance website provides a reasonable approach for both freelancers and business owners to interact with each other. On this website, it should be noted that freelancers are called sellers, and their services – gig, and business owners – buyers.
Instead of making a bid, the seller can register for free, list the gig, and set the price. On the other hand, buyers can browse and purchase various categories.
The system automatically charges a buyer’s account and puts money on hold whenever a buyer purchases a gig. The system then takes a commission and sends 80% of the offer price to the freelancer.
Depending on the seller level of each freelancer, it may take up to 14 days to withdraw their income. There are multiple withdrawal options, such as debit cards, PayPal, wire transfers, etc.
Fiverr opens the world of possible deals with 3.42 million active buyers. There is no hourly rate but project-based pricing.
The seller is guaranteed a protected payment with an SSL certificate that protects the invoice and personal information. 24-hour customer support is also available.
- Wide range of services available
- Affordable options for various budgets
- Access to a global pool of freelancers
- An easy-to-use platform for both clients and freelancers
- Transparent pricing and clear service descriptions
- Secure payment system with built-in escrow protection
- Ratings and reviews help in assessing freelancer quality
- Ability to request custom offers and negotiate prices
- Quality may vary significantly among freelancers
- Communication challenges due to language barriers and time zones
- Some projects might not meet expectations or deadlines
- Fiverr charges service fees that can affect overall costs
- Limited control over the freelancer selection process
Fiver is free of cost platform. It only charges on your earning. You have to pay 20% of all your earnings. But you can get content writing projects without any cost or registration fee.
Upwork is a popular freelance marketplace where millions of jobs come from worldwide. You can easily find writing work from a wide range of categories, including blog writing, copywriting, and research.
In addition, the search tool allows you to quickly narrow down the type of free writing work or client you want.
Upwork’s biggest disadvantage is its relatively high price. The client will pay a 5% fee for all services, and the freelancer will also have to pay a 10% service fee for all payments received.
On other free writing sites, clients often charge for posting job information, so it does not affect you as a writer.
It can reduce the potential amount of money that a freelance writer may be paid because the client considers and the writer must also consider the cost.
The website also has the ability to manage payments and invoices easily.
- Anyone can register, and even beginners can start as freelancers.
- Upwork has thousands of writing jobs, and you can apply.
- No matter what topic you are interested in, Upwork should have a chance in that industry.
- In order to find the right client, you have to search and apply a lot.
- Working with a bad client can cause your reputation to fall on Upwork.
- Some clients want to pay less on Upwork.
Upwork is available free of charge, but the credit available on the free plan is limited.
Remember that you can take a percentage of your earnings (20% for the first $500, 10% for the first $10,000, and 5% after that).
Contena is a premium freelance lighting site that aims to be more than just a “job offer” site.
As a freelance writing site, it’s one of my favorites. First, a function called “Writing Job Finder” automatically collects the best free writing gig from the web, whether it’s a $11,000-a-month full-time eBook script job or a one-off blog base in a sports place.
Therefore, it is possible to save the trouble of accessing several sites to search for work.
In addition, alert emails that arrive in your inbox every day will only show you the tasks that suit your requirements, such as rates and niche areas, so that you can save even more time.
- A writing job search tool that collects the best work from the web
- It comes with other useful tools and courses to start freelancing and grow.
- Application Required
- Paid services
However, it must be noted that this site is a paid subscription site. If you want to become a freelance writer for a container, you must pay a monthly subscription fee. This site has various subscription plans, but the most cost-effective option is a one-year subscription.
Since LinkedIn is also a social network, it is not strictly a job posting site, but you must name the best free writing sites with LinkedIn.
If you use keywords to make your profile more specific, you’ll often see “Status” with a description of a writer wanted or a recruiter coming into contact with you. Many freelancers like LinkedIn because it allows them to connect with business owners so that they can step into clients and industries with dreams.
Even if you’re a freelance, LinkedIn can also check out real job information from companies, so it’s useful if you’re looking to find a full-time or part-time job by submitting your resume.
- Ideal for networking and improving your career as a freelancer
- You can connect with the editor of a dream publication.
- You can find freelance jobs for all kinds of industries on LinkedIn.
- I’m more focused on recruiting than on freelance work.
- It takes a little time to set up a profile to stand out.
In LinkedIn, you can create a free account, but if you choose to expand your reach, there are several advanced paid features.
As the name suggests, FlexJobs offers a flexible work environment. The site has been touted as “the number one place to find remote work from home or flexible work opportunities since 2007.” FlexJobs gives you access to full-time writing work, part-time work, flexible on-site contract work, and freelance work in a variety of industries.
The best thing about FlexJobs is that they don’t run into scams because they check the legitimacy and quality of the job information. However, its quality is costly. You must pay $14.95 per month to access FlexJobs job information and search tools.
If you need to find out whether it’s worth paying for it, FlexJobs offers the option to try the site for a week at a low rate of $6.95. After registering, you can search for writing work in the category of work, desired work schedule, experience level, industry, etc.
- It’s easy to filter and gives you access to quality free writing work.
- If you become a paid member, you can use webinars, career training courses, one-on-one resume support, etc.
- There may be less competition because it is an exclusive job search site.
- You need to pay monthly to see the job information.
- Some jobs require more work for beginners to apply for.
- I have to submit a resume for most of my work
You must pay $14.95 per month to access FlexJobs job information and search tools.
Writers Work is one of the popular cheap job sites where freelance writers can find jobs.
Unlike other freelance recruiting platforms, Writers Work only offers writing work, including copywriting, blogging, website content writing, and social media content writing.
In addition to delivering content writing work, Writers Work has an all-in-one interface that lets you speak with clients and dispatch jobs to clients.
Writers Work also has the option to organize your workload, set goals, and create a list of tasks.
In addition, you can keep track of your work, including the number of words per minute, grammar checker tools, deadlines function, etc.
In addition, with Writers Work, you can create a professional portfolio with your work at the center. There’s also a Writers Work Univerity where you can get some tips on how to start your career as a freelance writer and an educational course on writing. I started my career as a freelance writer on this platform, so WriterWork is my personal recommendation.
- Offer great online courses for freelancers.
- An excellent text editor with many analytical tools.
- An excellent user interface to scan the list.
- Many job listings are available on the website.
- It might be very basic for advanced writers.
Indeed is a top job search platform that enables individuals worldwide to find all kinds of jobs, including construction, accountants, marketing, and design. Any job, including freelance writer jobs, will likely be found on Indeed. The good thing about Indexed is that you can find both local and remote positions.
Indeed is often overlooked by freelancers, but there are plenty of good jobs where you can find the right clients and get a decent paycheck. To apply for a job on Indeed, create an account and upload your resume. You will find a worthy writing job in Indeed with a little effort.
- Other freelancers tend to miss it.
- You have the opportunity to work in the office or remotely.
- Be available for free
- Not a writer-only platform
- Some job offers are already filled.
- Employers often need to respond to applicants.
It is free of cost no need to pay for any job application. It has potential traffic, and you can do the best job.
Constant Content is a content platform that pairs freelance writers with companies and individuals who need help with writing. Her work ranges from articles and e-books to product descriptions and press releases.
To register as a writer, you need to create a profile, answer the quiz and submit a short writing sample. Once approved, you have three job options: sell your content directly to your clients, become part of a writer’s pool, and respond directly to writing requests. You need to be invited to participate in a pool of writers, but if you do, you usually get more stable writing opportunities and better rewards.
The advantage of constant content is that you can set your own rate and establish yourself as an authority on a particular topic. In addition, if you’ve already written many articles on a topic, you’ll have the opportunity to reuse them by selling them. But remember: Constant content will receive 35% of the amount you earned, so if you sell a $100 article from your catalog, you can only receive $65.
- You can sell articles that you have already written.
- Can respond directly to writing requests.
- Registration requires taking a writing test and submitting a sample.
- It may be less rewarding than other content platforms.
Constant content is free of cost platform for applying for jobs, but here, keep in mind you will get 35% on each project completed.
Glassdoor is a popular job search engine, but unlike other job search sites, it’s also a company comparison site. When you register, you can post reviews about the company you worked for and see hundreds of reviews and ratings about the company other employees worked for.
Accessing your Glassdoor job doesn’t cost you money, but you need to create an account from your Facebook profile or email address. From there, you can browse the work of a freelance writer in the title, keywords, and place of work. You can also create a profile and provide your background and skills to receive personalized job offers and alerts.
Glassdoor’s appeal is that each job information is evaluated according to company criteria such as compensation, corporate culture and values, career opportunities, and benefits. Glassdoor flags job opportunities, high-profile jobs, new jobs, and rising jobs, so you can decide which ones are worth your time.
Freelance writing Instead of looking for a job, you can search for top-class companies in niche fields to find out if they are looking for a writer. Unfortunately, most of Glassdoor’s writing jobs are full-time, so it may take a lot of work to acquire a suitable writing chance as a freelance.
- You can learn about the company culture and work environment.
- To easily narrow down job openings.
- There aren’t that many job openings for freelance writers.
- You must write a legitimate review to the original or current employer to read other people’s corporate reviews.
It is charging the companies or individuals who are posting jobs. You can apply for Jobs free o cost.
Clear Voice is a content platform with clients in various industries, including retail, advertising, financial, healthcare, and high-tech. Clear Voice uses freelance writers for blog posts, e-books, web copies, case studies, and social media writing.
It is free to register as a freelance writer and create a portfolio. When creating a profile, write it as specific and detailed as possible. In addition to writing a background that explains your expertise and experience, add clips to your portfolio, attach photos, and set the desired rate. After that, Clear Voice will add you to the talent network and let you know if any clients match your fees and skills.
Sometimes, the site administrator will contact you about a particular job, but often you will receive an email about potential work opportunities. Once you’ve reviewed your work, clients, rewards, and schedule, you can apply for that job within a certain period. If the client chooses you, you will undertake the project and receive payment after submission. Clear Voice takes a 25% service charge for each task, but the amount shown for all tasks is yours.
The disadvantage of Clear Voice is that creating a profile does not guarantee the work of writing. You may have to wait a long time for the relevant work email to arrive within your reward amount.
- Have access to quality writing work
- It is highly rewarded and cash-ready.
- All communication with the client can be done on the platform.
- If your skills and expertise don’t meet the needs of your ClearVoice clients, you may not get a job.
- I need help finding writing work or contacting my client
Clear Voice is free to apply. You have just a good CV, and it takes 14 days to get approved.
Pro Blogger Job Board
Next is the ProBlogger Job Board, which will connect writers to many paid blog opportunities. ProBlogger Board’s job information regularly receives hundreds of responses and many applicants, making it one of the most efficient and active job information sites for blogger-related occupations.
Unlike other sites, every job offers a job bulletin board that pays a minimum of $75.
If you’re a writer and want to start your own blog to make money, ProBlogger is the best option to bookmark.
- Freelancers are free of charge.
- A simple and easy-to-use interface.
- Work for many writing niches, including copywriters, ghostwriters, and editors.
- Work quality varies.
- Because of its popularity, there are many applicants.
ProBlogger is free for applying for jobs. It charges once you complete the project. It is a good platform for beginners and pro bloggers.
Freelance writers are one of the highest-paid and most competitive freelance jobs. In this article, we’ll show you the best sites that are great for freelancers to find work online.
It’s hard to become a freelance writer, but it’s rewarding. You can earn a living by writing, flexible working hours, choosing projects you take on, remote work, and more.
However, there are many things to consider, such as niche areas, experience, and the type of writing. Sometimes the work could be more stable, and sometimes the client is hard to please. To become a freelance writer, you need to consider the pros and cons, but overall, it’s a very worthwhile job.